Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monitoring the baby monitor

Hazel usually spends half an hour happily in her crib after waking up in the morning or from a nap, and it takes her 1-2 hours to fall asleep at night. Sometimes I wish I had a video monitor to go with the sounds I hear. While trying to fall asleep or just after waking up, she moans meditatively - a soothing sound to her I suppose - a little grating after awhile to those listening. When more awake, she sings the ABC's, Winnie the Pooh, and Row Row Row Your Boat. While playing happily in the dark, I can tell by her little noises when she's walking one of her stuffed companions along the edge of the crib. Her new one is to say "Mommy... ohhhh." While she says this with a little complaining cry in her voice, she's not actually calling me to come get her, so who knows why she's saying it. The most pitiful noise I've ever heard in her little baby voice is "Uh oh... binky," which means she has purposely dropped the binky out of the bed and it must be retrieved. I wish I could play that one for you - so sad. My mom says she wishes they had had monitors in the "old days," because she never got to hear our random babblings. I'm glad I get to enjoy listening in.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

What a good girl to play so happily in her bed while she falls asleep! Well done, Mom & Dad!