Hazel's known her alphabet for some time, and she's now starting to be interested in words. So our version of Goodnight Moon starts on the title page. Before I can read the story, I have to read, "Goodnight Moon. By Margaret Wise Brown. Pictures by Clement Hurd. HarperCollins publisher" then "spot, spot" for the spots on the title page. And then sometimes I have to read it all again before she'll turn the page.
This is the last book we read at bedtime, and I really like it - it's not one I grew up with. And I loved that the Opus Sunday comic strip ended recently with Opus being tucked into bed with the bunny in Goodnight Moon. What a peaceful place to rest.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just love that story. At the hospital when Havalah was born, the nurses gave that book to her - the first book of her very own. :) Have you seen "My World" by also by Margaret Wise Brown?
Post a Comment