Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy You You

It's Mommy's birthday today, and Hazel says, "Happy You You" whenever birthdays are mentioned. She answers "two" if I ask her how old she'll be at her next birthday, but I think it will take the remaining three months to teach her how to hold up two fingers on one hand. She does like to cross her pinky and ring fingers on both hands at the same time and has even tried to eat with the crossed fingers. One more thing to try to get on film... looking back at pictures tonight reminded me of how much I forget. Sigh... I don't suppose Heaven includes being able to replay any given moment of our lives and enjoy them again.

Morning update: Really, this wasn't a shameless attempt to collect birthday greetings. Amazingly, Hazel just said, "Happy You You... Mommy" over the monitor. Not prompted, I swear. She followed with, "Mi-Mi, Pop-Pop, Cody" (Grandma, Grampa and their dog) and "Nap nap nap." Just reviewing all the words she knows I guess. Time to get her up.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

hApPy BiRtHdAy!!! Here's a hug from all of us!

Hazel's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pekehaven said...

Hi Shalimar! Happy Birthday!! Thinking of you from Walla Walla!! Helen