Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

I guess I explained trick-or-treating a few more times than I thought. Once the first group of kids knocked at our door, Hazel was immediately done with dinner and wanted to get going. We tried to get a cute photo with her firetruck basket and fireman, but she wanted nothing more than to get out the door. Funny, since I doubt she really understood what we would be doing.
We knocked on 10 doors or so in the neighborhood. Why in the world are folks so generous about giving candy to a baby? She always got at least two treats. Did they really think she'd be eating it? Sadly, she was too shy to say her version of trick-or-treat for strangers, and she doesn't say thank you yet. But she would say hello and good-bye, so they did get to hear her cute little voice.
When we got home, she took out all the candy piece by piece and arranged it on the floor. Then she put it all back in. Then she took it all out, etc. She looked so serious about taking inventory, that I thought maybe she'd miss it the next morning, but I didn't see her looking for it. We enjoyed the treats.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

She's so smart! I'm glad you took her trick or treating!