Ok, so this is really just a chance to jump and climb and run around. We're not trying to set her on a course for the 2024 Olympics. Mostly the kids go through different "circuits" - crawling through tunnels, jumping over foam noodles, walking through hoola hoops, bear crawling up ramps and somersaulting down, walking on the balance beam, and playing in the foam cube pit. Sometimes we play with a parachute and jump on the big trampoline. It cracks me up when the teacher gets specific - like pulling up knees into the tuck position while hanging from the bar or jumping over little objects on the balance beam. Maybe the older kids can do that, but it seems a bit advanced for Hazel. Then again, some of the kids spend the whole class in the foam pit and won't participate at all.
Hazel loves going to class. She knows her straddle, pike, and tuck positions and her butterfly stretch. She throws up her arms and says, "ta da" after jumping down. She can't really jump, though. She remains earthbound when jumping, and I hold her hands and lift her down from the big foam climbing blocks. When do they learn to jump?
I like the fact that Hazel's learning to listen to the teacher's instructions, and I enjoy watching her discover the other kids, although she doesn't pay that much attention to them yet. Here's a movie of her finally having learned how to bear crawl. I wanted to post a slightly different movie, but I can't get it to work. So here's the short one. At least you can hear the "ta da."
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go Hazel!
Nice floor BTW!
Post a Comment