
We go to Book Babies every Wednesday at the library, along with 20 or so other 1-2 year olds. Hazel is one of the older kids now, and she is good with hand motions and singing along with some of the words. What I can't get her to do is to join the other couple of kids who stand up front so they can see the puppets and illustrations when books are read. She'll stand up and take two steps and stop. An observer just like her mommy I guess. Once the formalities are over, however, and the box of castanets and toys come out, she's the first one up there. After many disappointments with the popularity of the train, fire engine, and ball, she now just grabs a book and comes back to read. Again, that's my girl.
There aren't many board books to check out (or I can't find them if there are), and she rarely gives me a chance to find something to borrow. Today she did puzzles long enough for us to bring home "Harry's Hats." She previewed it on the ride home, and then we read it three times before naptime. I hope she's ready to give it back next week.
There aren't many board books to check out (or I can't find them if there are), and she rarely gives me a chance to find something to borrow. Today she did puzzles long enough for us to bring home "Harry's Hats." She previewed it on the ride home, and then we read it three times before naptime. I hope she's ready to give it back next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment