Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Easter

Since I finally removed our light-up bunny couple from our front porch this last weekend, I guess I should blog about Easter. Thank you for your patience as I took a little vacation. Hazel had been talking about what the Easter Bunny would bring her for weeks, of course, and she surprised us by remembering everything that was in her Easter basket last year. What a memory! Here she is with her cousins, visiting the Easter Bunny at the mall a few weeks before Easter. She didn't want to do more than wave at him from a distance, but once Havalah & Henry got their turn to pose for a picture, she was happy to run in and join them - while still keeping an eye on me to make sure all was okay.
Hazel entered her first coloring contest at the grocery store. I have fond memories of coloring contests at Art's grocery store. She took not winning in stride, but was disappointed (as was I) that only the winner's pictures were displayed. What? They're supposed to plaster the outside windows with them! Half the fun is seeing everyone's entries. We'll try a different grocery store next time. I'm glad I took a picture before submitting it. I thought she did a stellar job!
The Easter Bunny showed up a day early, during naptime. It's crazy enough Sunday morning, trying to get out the door to church, without throwing toys and candy into the mix. She's making sure her basket isn't on our lovely wide windowsill in the living room. 'Twas on the other side of the room behind my desk chair; it took her about three searches of the room to find it.
Here are the basket contents - heavy on the toys, but more edible treats than last year, including her first teeny chocolate bunny, of which she kindly offered me several bites.
Whoo hoo! A purple bunny!
The greatest item was a Dora the Explorer garden set. Gloves, a kneeling pad, rake and trowel. She's very excited to help Daddy plant the garden. She can put the gloves on herself.
She decided the Easter basket grass was (were?) weeds and proceeded to dump it out and rake it up several times before I managed to whisk it away. (I'm not fond of Easter grass.) Daddy cut up some green paper into weeds for future weeding.
Happy girl. Good job Easter Bunny.
We drove up to my folks after church for an egg hunt and Easter dinner. She was kind of funny about the egg hunt - more interested in finding where the next eggs were hidden than in collecting all the eggs in one spot. If I get copies of those photos some time, I'll post them.

No comments: