Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another carnival

This last weekend we met Hazel's cousin Luke (and family) at Fort Lewis for a little carnival and park time. There's no disputing the fact that Hazel loves going on the rides. I was lucky to keep to my 4-ride limit (they're ridiculously expensive) with the promise of playing at a park nearby. She rode on one old favorite and three new rides. Here she is at the front of the vehicle train, driving the fire engine.
Hazel's been too scared to ride the dragon roller coaster previously - it's pretty noisy, and I thought it would be too jerky for her. But when Luke marched up the stairs to ride, she decided to go too. Brave of him, as this was his first experience with carnival rides. Sorry I didn't get a good shot of the two of them - it was very cute that they rode together, both laughing and having a great time.

Here's Luke and Hazel on the 4x4's.

Another new ride - the flying helicopters, where the kids get to control the up and down part themselves. Hazel had it all figured out.

And then here we are at the park. This is the first time I've seen her climb this kind of chain ladder, but I think she did it at a park last week when she stayed at my folks' house. She's been working on climbing ladders in general, and I was impressed that her feet didn't miss a step. I did spot her the first couple times.

No comments: