Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin patch 2009

It's hard to believe that this is our 3rd year at the same pumpkin patch. How can that be, when Hazel's only two? (See the October 20th posting from last year for pictures from previous years or November 4th posting for movie of baby Hazel saying poompatito.) This year she was big enough to do everything but ride the carousel, as it's one with swinging animals and there's no place for me to ride along and make sure she doesn't fall off - maybe next year. So many pumpkins to see, and we haven't even made it to the fields yet... They're kind of heavy, Mama.
They have a little corn maze for the wee ones. Thankfully, as I'm not ready for the big one yet. Which way is the way out?
Here we are on the big slide. The parent is supposed to sit down first and then somehow lift their child, who is two large steps below and behind, over their head. After the mother next to me fell backwards down the stairs while trying to get on after her child, she kindly handed Hazel to me. Could we maybe get a second slide worker at the top for assistance? Nice of them to only charge for Hazel though. Look fast or you'll miss us sliding down.
Hazel's an old pro at the ponies now - this is her third pony ride. Always waving...I begrudgingly let Hazel feed the goats. I think she thought it was pretty neat. She really didn't have much of a reaction either way.
Somehow we missed taking pictures of our wagon ride out to the pumpkin fields. Hazel got very excited when Daddy found one that was "just my size," and she was very cute carrying it all the way back to the car. It's the one in her lap - you'll see more of it.
Here's her pumpkin having his first pony ride. I'd carve him, but I'd probably have to use a 1/4 teaspoon to scoop him out. Hazel was delighted with the face I drew.
He's very patriotic.
And what pumpkin doesn't appreciate a little Dr Seuss?
Really, you should check out the posts from last year. She's learned so much in a year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try some gold glitter glue to light the little "pumpkie" up...for Halloween. lovegrandma.