Monday, October 26, 2009

Good bye crib

Last Tuesday, after a successful experiment sleeping in a twin bed at my folks' house, we converted Hazel's crib to a toddler bed. She's been great at night about staying in bed, even when it's taken her a long time to fall asleep. Naptime has changed a bit, but since she rarely sleeps for her nap, I don't suppose it matters. I still have her rest in the dark for awhile, but then I turn on the lights and she gets to read. Usually when I go up to get her, she'll say she's not ready to get up yet and wants to keep reading. Today when I went up, she had all her teddy bears in bed with her, and she was "having school." Each of the bears had a book in front of them to read.
These pictures are my only success at toddler hair styling... one side pony tail and only when her hair is wet. It's the only time I can do it without pulling her hair terribly. I'm guessing she won't be sporting any little braids any time soon.


2 comments:

Will & Cheyenne said...

Crazy how fast they are growing!! I seriously panic sometimes and then other times I'm like, "Any day child!!"

Kristen said...

Such a big, big girl! That game with the teddy bears is exactly the sort of game that I can imagine you playing when you were two. ; )