Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Zee Zee no more

Hazel calls herself Hazel now, bobby has changed to bottle and wawa is now water. That pretty much happened overnight four days ago. Sad. And somewhere in the last month, her vocabulary exploded from 20-30 words to who knows how many. She knows she lives in the city of Olympia and the state of Washington. She knows what magnets, hose nozzles and toboggans are. I've been trying to film her talking, but of course she doesn't want to talk for the camera. It's so cute to hear her talking about camels, wisemen, angels, Daddy Joseph and Baby Jesus while playing with her Fisher Price nativity. She's got all the FP figures visiting the other Baby Jesus in her nativity puzzle in the picture below (the parrot is from Noah's Ark).
Since she now initiates conversations herself, rather than me trying to engage her in chatting, I sometimes have trouble understanding her and I feel badly about that. Last night, she kept saying what sounded like laptop, and we finally figured out it was snow globe. I have no idea why she was saying snow globe - there wasn't one in the room. At least she seems patient with us while we struggle to figure out the words without knowing the context. (Hmm... sounds like Daddy trying to figure out what Mommy's talking about when she's off on a tangent.) It's still amazing to hear Hazel talking so much, and I'm sure she would say much more if she knew how. I'll keep trying to get a new film clip...

No comments: