I didn't mind when Hazel started saying "no," because it helped us communicate better. Besides, she's always said no very politely and only in response to a question. When she added "yes" a little while ago, it was even better. Now I also know when she wants something and not just when she doesn't want something. On a tangent, I have no idea what it means when she's in her crib saying, "Mommy yes, Daddy yes, Pop Pop yes." Hopefully she's reciting a list of her favorite people or something like that.
Recently, I've been waiting for her to string words together, knowing that that's the next stage in talking. A phrase like "Love you" doesn't count, because she learned that as one word. Well, she started putting words together about a week ago. "No nap" for the obvious reason, "more juice" rather than just "more," and "see ya binky" after depositing her binky in the crib. She also repeats little phrases right after I say them like, "time to go" and "pick it up."
What I wasn't prepared for was to hear her say, "stay home" when I said it was time to go to the grocery store yesterday. It was great to hear her unsolicited opinion on going out - I look forward to finding out what she's thinking. I also realize that this is the beginning of her speaking her mind, which is probably the precursor to the terrible twos. I gave her the choice of going to the store or taking a nap, and she changed her mind about the store.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment