Thursday, December 11, 2008

Every day is Christmas

Now I know why Christmas is so exciting for children - well, other than the anticipation of lots of presents from Santa. Christmas lasts so long. It seems like every morning Hazel wakes up, I've unpacked something new from the Christmas boxes. It's like getting presents every day for three weeks, and, of course, she doesn't remember anything from last year. Every trip to the mail box brings more Christmas cards, every errand we run, we see more decorations, and she loves it all.
I didn't think she'd want to wear this Santa hat, so I set it out on her bouncy horse's head. She plopped it right on her head when she found it, and now she wants to wear it every time we go out. It made for quite an entrance when we were late for library time yesterday. She puts her reindeer antlers on over her Santa hat, but also likes to share them with her bouncy horse and lightup snowman friend.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

such pleasant little faces. :)

have a great time at your party tonight!

sarah said...

the picture of her hugging the snowman is the sweetest!