Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A walk in the rain

I thought our summer walks to the mailbox were long, as we stopped to touch pine needles, pick flowers, watch bees, etc. That was before we took our first rainy walk to the mailbox. The flowers are still there (for now), and she looks for the bees in their usual spot even though they've gone. Now we get to stop at the three sewer drains and listen to and watch the water fall. Then there are several very small puddles to stomp in - I'm lucky they're small because I can't deny her one of my favorite childhood past times. (Okay, so I still enjoyed jumping in puddles through college as well.) The pine needles all have little droplets of water on their tips, so Hazel likes to touch those and get wet. And instead of picking flowers, she wants to pick up every leaf - there are quite a few of those...

No comments: