Friday, October 3, 2008

The title of this blog

For those of you unfamiliar with the phrase, it's the first line of the poem My Shadow by Robert Louis Stevenson. You can find the rest of it at http://www.bartleby.com/188/119.html . It's a wonderful description of a shadow, but more importantly, it's one of a multitude of poems I remember my mother reading to me when I was young. I'm amazed that she still remembers so many of them, whereas I can only recall a few lines here and there. I'm hoping to get a second chance to memorize them by reading them over and over again to Hazel.
And if you think I picked the title because Hazel is my little shadow... well, that was the idea. It turns out, however, that I follow her around and mimic what she does more often than the reverse. I'm sure that will shift over time - at least I hope it does! Here she is watching the cars go 'round with Daddy (NASCAR race) and in the butterfly tent at the zoo with Mommy.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

very cute, photos! look at your (and Hazel's) profiles, they are identical!