Monday, April 27, 2009

I am in trouble!

Fifteen minutes after I put Hazel to bed, this is what I heard over the monitor last Saturday night. I wasn't sure what to expect, maybe just that she threw her toys onto the floor and wanted them back. She had unzipped her sleeper maybe two inches, had taken both arms out of their sleeves and was trying to get them back in. Silly girl. I don't remember her saying that she was in trouble before, but we have been watching The Wonder Pets, and the plot is always rescuing other animals in trouble.
When I went in to get her up the previous morning, she was proudly standing there in only her diaper. And there were two more times during naptime in the last week, that she managed to get one arm out of her sleeve and had it sticking out the neck of her shirt.
I applaud her desire to learn to take her clothes on and off. She always takes her socks off at naptime, and we've only lost one so far. Where can they go besides under the bed, behind the dresser, under the chair and into the toy basket? Such a mystery...

3 comments:

Lynne said...

This is so funny! If only our troubles consisted of our arms in the wrong place in our clothing...
ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

A tip if you want to keep them on her is to put them on backwards...

Hazel's mom said...

Not sure how to put her sleepers on backwards, as all the ones with zippers also have feet. She can't undo snaps yet, but I'll keep it in mind.