Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter 2009

As usual, in trying to play down the holiday, I got Hazel all excited about it instead. We got three-foot-tall, plastic, light-up Mr and Mrs Bunnies at an antique shop. We faced them towards the house so Hazel could look out the front windows at them at night - nice view of their cotton tails for the passersby. She's been standing in the window, singing 'Here Comes Peter Cottontail' for a couple weeks now.
Easter morning, I "hid" her Easter basket on a window sill, and she found it after a couple of subtle hints like "It's by the table. It's by the table. Come over to the table and look." It included Aquadoodle pictures of Thomas the Tank Engine, a ball that lights up and bounces in odd directions, some Hello Kitty cookie sticks, and two very skinny chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies. The Thomas pictures were her favorite, of course. She bit the ears right off of each bunny (is that genetic?), but didn't like the chocolate and wanted me to peel it off so she could eat the marshmallow. As they really were too small to do that successfully, she decided Mommy could eat them. Such a hardship for me! :) And, of course, Hazel also loved playing with the Easter grass. Who created that stuff - so hard to find in the carpet, as it's translucent!
Easter weekend was cold, windy and rainy, so we had an egg hunt in the living room after her nap. She thought that was pretty fun, so I'm still hiding the eggs for her every other day during naptime. They were just empty plastic eggs - she doesn't know they're supposed to be filled - next year. Oh, and in case you were wondering, we did start Easter morning with a bath - that's why her hair is all slicked down.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

What a fun mom you are, to face the bunnies toward the house! I wish I did more things like that... or are my kids too old already? I hope not. :-)