Sunday, April 19, 2009

Escaping from the ocean liner

Just a little game Hazel made up; ocean liners and general trouble at sea are in the storyline of Little Toot on the Thames (about a tugboat). I told her one day that it was okay if she wanted to climb on the coffee table. So she swept everything off onto the floor (that so annoys me, but I can't talk her out of it), climbed up on all fours and said, "Oh no, what can Hazel do? I'll turn around and jump." She sat, spun around to face the couch, put her feet on the support piece and jumped to the couch. She explained that she was trying to escape (my word) from the ocean liner. She said it wasn't sinking, when I asked, so I'm not sure what the trouble was. The couch is apparently another boat of some kind that she steers while sitting on top of the pillows. Okay... always glad to see evidence of her imagination. And that last picture is her looking for owls outside - I keep telling her not to lean over so far, but we all know how to best learn that lesson. She hasn't landed on her head yet.

2 comments:

Will & Cheyenne said...

Love the last picture! And the dance movie. Too cute!
Yes, we apparently are NOT the people to be having play dates with right now. Sheesh!

Teri said...

She just gets cuter and cuter. I love that age when they have so much fun with their imaginations. And the furniture, and sheets draped over tabletops, and tents in the backyard, and...