Sunday, March 1, 2009

What was I thinking?

Our birthday gift to Hazel was an inflatable, jumping trampoline thing. I thought... it must only be the size of two swimming rafts - how long could it take to blow up? I didn't need an electric pump, and I could blow it up during naptime, right? That lasted about 30 minutes before I was too light headed and gave up and got my little hand pump. It took 90 more minutes to blow it up! Hazel was very patient that last hour. I own an electric pump now.
And did she like it? She loves to jump in her crib, so it seemed like a good idea. And initially, she thought it was pretty neat. Then we discovered that there's no way to keep her from getting a shock whenever we touched her during or after jumping. Now she doesn't want to use it anymore. Anyone have a solution to that? I'm sure my science classes of yore taught me something I've since forgotten.
Update: It was suggested that we simply remove her socks and shoes. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh man! that looks like fun! hope she decides to give it another try sometime!