Monday, March 16, 2009

It's all about Thomas

Goodness what a silly girl we have sometimes. We have one, just one, Thomas the Tank Engine toy. We don't watch the show, as so far I've seen far too much conflict in the storyline. So since we have this one little plastic travel train set, which we get out maybe once a week, it naturally follows that Hazel is Thomas-centric. She pretends to be Thomas all the time. "Change Thomas' diaper" and "I'm Thomas." She runs around the house saying "chugga chugga whoo whoo." I'm very amused by this. Sometimes it works to my advantage, because if she's fighting a diaper change, I can say that we need to change Thomas' diaper and her demeanor changes. Not all the time, but sometimes.
This weekend I bought her some Thomas plastic cups - you'd have thought I offered her the moon. She was ecstatic when I presented them to her in the car, and she held them until she fell asleep. It seems milk and juice just taste better from a Thomas cup.
I forgot another Thomas item. Hazel likes to sit down across from Daddy and "talk about Thomas." They talk about what Thomas is hauling, what color he is, what makes him go. Daddy talks about some very specific things, like the fact that Thomas uses coal to heat the water to make the steam to make him go. It's pretty funny that she just wants to talk. The first picture is of one such chat.
Here are some pics from yet another snow day last week. I made figure eight train tracks so she could chug around in circles. She calls this snow suit her space suit and her snow boots space boots. No trip outside is complete without walking around the dirt pile. And I sure thought we had her hair trimmed, but you wouldn't know it.


2 comments:

Kristen said...

cute, cute, cute.

Jan said...

Ahhhh...I miss our Thomas days. Ethan was Thomas for three Halloweens running. Wait, I think I already told you that; this is sounding familiar.