Monday, March 16, 2009

Play list

I started a list two months ago of the first little songs Hazel sings by herself, but there are so many now, I've lost track. There's a sampling of her current favorites listed below. She sings most of the words, just missing a few here and there. I think it's amazing she remembers them. She knows the 2nd verse to Ring around the Rosie - do you? I didn't even know there was one until now.
Last night I was surprised that she could sing almost the entire alphabet backwards. I've been singing that one to her for a couple weeks now. I rack my brain to remember classic songs to add to her collection, as I'm trying to avoid (for now) newer songs like Veggie Tales or The Wiggles. I want her to know all the old ones. One I remembered after seeing our first rainbow was Somewhere Over the Rainbow. That's her current favorite at bedtime, and she sounds so sweet when she sings it. I just love that little voice. Oh, and her new verse for the Hokey Pokey is "put the binky in, put the binky out..." funny. Here she is singing something while accompanying herself on her xylophone and just being cute.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Jingle Bells (still singing this Christmas tune - must be the snow)
Away in a Manger
Down at the Station (about trains!)
Skinny Marinky Dinky Dink (I didn't know this one and I love it!)
Are You Sleeping (Uncle Jon)
Hush Little Baby
Row Row Row Your Boat
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Jesus Loves the Little Children
Ring Around the Rosie
Fly me to the Moon
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops (title?)
Tickle Toddle Nickledy Noddle
Michael Row the Boat Ashore
The Alphabet (forwards and backwards)
Seven Golden Daffodils
Rocka my Soul
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

No comments: