Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stop and smell the roses

Thank you, Hazel, for reminding me to stop and smell the flowers. Aside from real flowers outside, that includes all pictures of flowers in books, my t-shirt with sunflowers on it, my flower-shaped earings, and your red wooden daisy. I am so blessed to have time to stop for all the little things you find so interesting.
Now if I could only get you to understand that to smell things means breathing in instead of breathing out. I think you'd enjoy the process much better if you knew that.
I just realized that you do the opposite when I try to get you to blow your nose. I guess when you want to smell a flower, I should tell you to blow. Then I'll tell you to smell the tissue, and we should have more success with runny noses. Is it as simple as that - reverse nasal psychology? We'll have to try and see.

No comments: