She's such a great age for the fair, because while it's all fascinating, she doesn't want anything yet. It didn't occur to her to ask for the monkey balloon and then throw a fit if I didn't get her one. Of course, she still came home with red lady bug rubber boots, a little stuffed blue snake (her choice - she likes to make the SSSS sound), "fairyland" hair scrunchies and a free noxious weed coloring book (thrilling, I'm sure). I hope I don't spoil her when she actually asks for souvenirs next year. And will I always have to check the dictionary for how to spell souvenirs? I do look forward to the fair next year, though, because she'll be old enough to go on the rides. I was disappointed not to be able to take her down the giant slide.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
The Fair
We went to the fair yesterday. Last year Hazel was unimpressed with the fair. We'd hold her in front of a bunny rabbit's cage, and she'd look around for people to observe - not the reaction we were looking for, because it was all about us after all. This year, she found everything interesting: the rides going "round round", the cows & sheep, the vendor booths, and the lifesize Nickelodeon characters.
She's such a great age for the fair, because while it's all fascinating, she doesn't want anything yet. It didn't occur to her to ask for the monkey balloon and then throw a fit if I didn't get her one. Of course, she still came home with red lady bug rubber boots, a little stuffed blue snake (her choice - she likes to make the SSSS sound), "fairyland" hair scrunchies and a free noxious weed coloring book (thrilling, I'm sure). I hope I don't spoil her when she actually asks for souvenirs next year. And will I always have to check the dictionary for how to spell souvenirs? I do look forward to the fair next year, though, because she'll be old enough to go on the rides. I was disappointed not to be able to take her down the giant slide.
She's such a great age for the fair, because while it's all fascinating, she doesn't want anything yet. It didn't occur to her to ask for the monkey balloon and then throw a fit if I didn't get her one. Of course, she still came home with red lady bug rubber boots, a little stuffed blue snake (her choice - she likes to make the SSSS sound), "fairyland" hair scrunchies and a free noxious weed coloring book (thrilling, I'm sure). I hope I don't spoil her when she actually asks for souvenirs next year. And will I always have to check the dictionary for how to spell souvenirs? I do look forward to the fair next year, though, because she'll be old enough to go on the rides. I was disappointed not to be able to take her down the giant slide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shalimar: Your photos of Hazel are adorable as always! Thanks for starting the blog. I'll check back often. Hey - can you do an RSS feed so it will let us know when you post?
Hi to Eric and Hazel!!
Post a Comment