Monday, September 29, 2008

Fire truck muster

A week ago Saturday was Hazel's first fire truck muster. She enjoyed looking at the trucks - a good thing since she might just inherit her daddy's someday. All the pictures were taken on a Mack of similar vintage to our truck. She's wearing a jr. firefighter badge, got to ring the bell by pulling on a string, liked the bulldog hood ornaments on the Macks, and watched while they shot off the water cannon way up high. Fortunately she was not hit by the burning embers which burned two holes in Mommy's favorite Mickey Mouse shirt. I don't think I'll stand near a steam engine pumper again. A warning would have been nice. (10/1 - Just thought I'd add that she still gets excited every time she sees the smoke detector fridge magnet she got from a fireman at the muster. I know she has no clue what a smoke detector is, and there's no recognizable fire symbol of any type, but she remembers who gave it to her.)

No comments: