Sunday, September 7, 2008

21st century baby book

I'm starting this blog with the intent to record Hazel's everyday happenings and achievements, which might otherwise be lost in the deep recesses of my previously-more-organized brain. I do have two baby books, both of which I like, but neither of which is all inclusive as to what to jot down. So rather than choose one and start scribbling away, I've ignored the task and thus lost a year and a half of my thoughts. I'm not a total failure, however, and have at least written down the dates of the big events like first smile, steps, and words - in a spiral notebook, in very rough form, someday to be transferred to one or both of the aforementioned baby books.

Yes, blogging will probably take more time than just picking up a pen and opening a baby book. So I admit to giving in to the peer pressure of other bloggers telling me to join the modern age. Also, of course, I'd rather folks came looking for news and pics of Hazel of their own accord, rather than feeling like I force them to follow her life by emailing everyone every month. And hopefully, this blog will also give family members a chance to experience the little things I can't remember to share and the additional photos they request.

It's a bit strange to think that anyone on the internet can read what I write. I'll apologize now for rambling and hope I don't write anything too personal, but that said, this is my brag blog for Hazel, and I'm writing it for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice start and a good choice. What good is technology if you don't use it?!! Also, I am shocked at how much your profile painting looks like you! Oh, and Hazel's cute too!

Lynne said...

Whoo-hooo! I've been hoping you would do this, Shalimar! I just discovered the link on Mary's blog... I'm so glad! Now we can get our dose of Hazel cuteness with your commentary! Thanks so much. :-)