Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And now we are three...

We had a family birthday party for Hazel on Sunday. I'm not ready for a friend birthday yet... After going through several themes - Winnie The Pooh, Dora, Diego, Princesses, Lightning McQueen, and a blue ice cream cake with smiley face candies on it - Hazel settled on Tinkerbell. This would be due to the fact that we rode on Peter Pan three times at Disneyland two weeks ago, and that she knows that Tinkerbell has blond hair and blue eyes, just like her. It's a ton of photos, I know.
There are two striped green candles with stars at the top - just right to be magic fairy wands.
Her first present Sunday morning, since she couldn't wait for her party, was a magic wand that makes that lovely sparkly, twinkly, fairy wand noise. Since this one has Cinderella on it, Hazel knew right away it belonged to the Fairy Godmother (which is me).
This is kind of a funny expression I don't see often.
Look, I got a "boo head." I found one just like Aunt Hilary and Uncle Milton have. It's so named because the game requires that you squeeze it so the face balloons up, and then you say Boo and Hazel screams. Fun game!
Birthday cupcake shirt and Tinkerbell birthday badge.
I just love this picture. Havalah read all Hazel's birthday cards to her. So sweet!
Careful concentration.
Which silly parent picked a Disney princess percussion set, with a drum? Oh, that would be me.
More instruments and a princess crown.
Grampa helped Hazel set up her new fair items - train, ferris wheel, four dolls with accessories, and candy and snack vendors with teeny, tiny plastic treats that are bound to get lost in the long carpet fibers. We'll do our best to keep track of them - haven't lost one yet in two days of play!
Cousins...
How many fingers old? Three!
Hazel decorated a tissue paper crown with circus stickers for me and then enjoyed taking pictures of me wearing it. This is the first time she's successfully taken a picture with our big Canon camera - not an easy task.
She then wanted me to take a number of photos for her. Here's that tiny candy vending cart I mentioned before.Another present arrived yesterday - giant building blocks! Hazel had fun lifting it and dropping it for awhile and then opened it and started building a honey factory.And here are several shots of my adorable girl... so big now!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Very fun! Such a special day. I'm glad she is enjoying the Carnival toy so much! We just loved that toy.

Love the new header picture! And Hazel is a good photographer!

Cadence's Nana said...

Hazel did a wonderful job taking a picture of her Mommy! She is an adorable little girl. Fun to see her jump,count and hear her sweet little voice.

Blythe said...

Happy birthday Hazel! They are growing so fast.

You are braver than I am with the percussion set - a guitar was enough for us!

Mary and Justin said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!!! What a great birthday party. Tinkerbell is a great choice!!!