The real question is what isn't she talking about? Her vocabulary amazes me. I checked my notebook and saw that last year at this time, I was so excited that she was saying two words together - "sit down" to tell me to sit down and give her her morning bottle. Now she talks in complicated sentences galore, knowing words like 'dreary,' 'roaming' and 'professional.' I'm remembering today to document her last official baby word. It was "mne mne mne" for dalmation, and she stopped saying it in June. Now she says, "When I was a baby, I said wa-wa for water," and she does purposefully talk in baby talk sometimes to be funny.
This week the conversation has been about combines. A combine seems to be anything that a tractor pulls behind it, or sometimes any large farm equipment. The first picture below is Hazel and Daddy reading her choice of before-bed book, one of daddy's books about farm equipment. Daddy also found lots of videos of combines/tractors on YouTube, and Hazel likes to watch just one more clip before bedtime. Oh, and the other morning she told me she wanted to dress up like a combine that day - "I'll wear my necklace... and my bracelet..." Um... are you sure that's what combines wear, Hazel?
Speaking of dressing up, she likes to hide under her pink car blanket (in the car) and ask me if I see the "pink ghostie" in the backseat. Once I comfirm the pink ghostie, she pops out to say peek-a-boo. Silly games we make up...

This is Hazel's tin that says "Hazel Coffey" on it, full of poker chips. While playing with them for the first time this week, she said, "Mama, I need more money." Oh? What do you need to buy? "No, I need more money to make a sculpture." She pushes all the chips together into a pile and makes a "sculpture." Perhaps money might be worth more, if melded together into artwork. You never know these days.

The funny thing is that I couldn't get all the chips back in the tin, with about thirty left over??? They must be magic chips.
No comments:
Post a Comment