Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cars and a haircut

You may have read on Facebook that Daddy is now called "Sally" and I am "Luigi" or sometimes "Luigi Mama." Hazel's been a bit fixated the last week with the characters from the movie Cars. She carries her little Lightning McQueen car and races around the house with it, and that's what she calls herself of course. I've showed her snippets of the movie, but she's more interested in playing with the 5 toy Cars characters we brought home from Disneyland in May.
Hazel and Lightning hiding and hoping they don't get their morning face wash.

Are you sure you're comfortable in that chair?

This morning's outfit for riding on her boat. The necklace doubles as her life preserver, and helmets are always good for safety.

Hazel got her hair cut today, and look at the cute pigtails the stylist put in. I wish I'd thought of cutting the rubber bands with scissors - might have been less painful when I took them out for naptime.

Not having any kid friendly scissors on hand, Hazel deftly cut dolly's hair with her pliers. Dolly looks pleased with the results so far.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your post warms my heart! - mom.

Kristen said...

She is looking pretty cute. :)

Kristen said...

I was just showing Henry your blog post and when he saw your new header he said Hazel looks just like Aunt Shalimar! :) Two beautiful girls.

Lynne said...

Shalimar, the blog-to-book site I have used is blurb.com. You download a program called booksmart from there, and it will guide you through the process. It was painstaking for my first one... took me a bit to get the hang of it, as you basically have to reformat every page, choose backgrounds, etc. But the first one is done and my sister says it looks great! (I had it sent to her since I can't get it here.) Let me know how it goes!

Mary and Justin said...

so sweet :)