It's almost bedtime, so Hazel and Daddy are playing the flashlight game. Harold and the Purple Crayon is a favorite book right now, and that book starts with Harold wanting to take a walk in the moonlight. So when the lights turn off and the flashlights come out, Hazel shines her light and says she's walking in the moonlight.
Tonight, she's added a new twist - looking for bugs. She's leaning way over while she walks, looking at the floor with her flashlight, and searching for bugs. I don't know where that came from - I haven't seen any spiders or other creepy crawlies on our floors of late, and I don't remember it from any books. Well... we do have a book called Baby Looks, and the baby finds a bug in the grass. Maybe that's it. At any rate, we do have some bug puzzle pieces and some plastic bugs, so at least her evening hunt is a success!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
...These are the times you will one day say "remember the flashlight game?" And warm smile will come to your heart. And Hazel may ask "Did we ever find any bugs?" What a very fun way to end the day! Thanks for showing us the vacuum ride. Not what I thought it was. Thought it was an upright.
Post a Comment