Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sleeping arrangements

When we came home from Montana last month, my folks had set up Hazel's new twin bed. I had tried a toddler bed last November, but got too impatient with her hopping out of bed all the time. Miraculously, she now thinks that she has to stay in. I've got these nifty foam bumpers to keep her from falling out, but she thinks they're to keep her in and that she's not allowed to climb over them. I've decided not to correct her. (If anyone's interested in them, they can be found at magicbumpers.com.) So, she's still happy to lay down for her rest time for at least 30 minutes, and now that the changing table's been evicted, she's got a great toy shelf and bins to keep her happy for the rest of her "nap." No, I have no pictures of her bedroom. But here are some others from the last few weeks...

Here's that nifty hammer she was so excited to "win" at the fair fishing pond. It's pint sized, says Girl Power, and best of all, it squeaks when you hit things with it.
Another casual pajama day - not sure why I always pick the polka dot pajamas. She added the tutu of course. She was terribly frustrated about something - I think because I told her to stop whacking things with her little flag. She calls all U.S. flags "4th of July" flags.
And here are pictures of the finished deck. We're very happy with how it turned out. Funny that Hazel's wearing the same shirt again. Daddy had just set up our little fountain.
Love the clasped hands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that smile! It is delightful...lovemom.

Anonymous said...

What those clasped hands mean is - I'm praying mommy will turn around soon so I can do everything I'm not supposed to, like play with the water and throw the rocks.

-daddy

aunt kristen said...

That made me laugh! Daddy is funny. :)

Love pj day and love the fountains too!

Mary and Justin said...

What a cutie :)

Lynne said...

Cute cupcake shirt on your little cupcake!

Your new deck looks great... remember long ago when you helped us clean and restain the deck at the house we were renting in Pgh? I can't remember the whole scenario, but somehow it came back when I saw your deck pics. It was a similar shaped deck. :-)