After multiple viewings of a new Christmas video picked up from a garage sale, Hazel is very focused on Christmas right now. She already had yet to stop singing Christmas songs from last December. This afternoon she said she was an elf, specifically an elf wearing shoes, and she was making toys. She got out her tool set and nailed blocks together and worked on various "toys." Then after dinner, she pushed her stroller in circles around the house singing, "On Christmas Day, I'll jump for joy. On Christmas Day, I'll love all my goodies." She and Daddy then made a list of all her stuffed animals and dolls and what they wanted for Christmas, and this list was what she wanted to read for her bedtime story. Here are some items from the list: Kangaroo wants a trampoline, Monkey wants a swing bar, Big Sister (doll) wants a swing set, Lambie wants a new jewelry set, etc. And I thought Hallmark was early in displaying its Halloween items last week...
Here are pictures of the aforementioned deck rebuild - sorry, none of Hazel helping. On this day, she was far more interested in walking on her "balance beams." (The deck did get finished up today and looks beautiful. I'll take pictures of Hazel on the new deck later, as it was a bit rainy today.)



It's a little harder to balance when you've lost a shoe.

1 comment:
Balancing looks as easy as eating a cupcake! ~gram
Post a Comment