Friday, December 11, 2009

More catching up

Hazel's drawing skills took a jump a few weeks back. After drawing several sunshines, this picture features an Alaska airplane, passenger and pilot. I drew the "suitcase with a strap" in the corner at her request.
Here's a close up of the plane. It has two wings, a black & blue Alaska logo on the tail and two engines in the back. I was impressed.
She drew all this herself too. He has 4 hairs on his head, and she also drew lines for his forehead and chin.
Daddy went to Japan and brought back a Hello Kitty backpack, but I think she was far more excited about the additions to her farm equipment collection. She got a red Massey Ferguson tractor and a yellow combine.
Just a note on her height. She was three feet tall in August and had grown another inch and a half by October. Funny to think she's more than half my height. I put a pair of jeans on her today that rode just above her ankles all summer, and they're now just longer than her knees.
Playing on the couch. This is her "V sit" from gymnastics. It doesn't really improve the abs and balance as well when propped up with pillows.
Trying to get a family picture for our Christmas card. It will be all pictures of Hazel this year.
Hazel's last kitchen was driving me nuts, as the oven door wouldn't stay shut, and the three separate pieces were always shifting around and getting in my way. So I found her this nice, cheap one. I don't remember the box mentioning assembly, but I'm sure glad I wasn't doing this on Christmas Eve, as it took me three hours to punch out every little piece, trim the edges with a knife and put them together. I'm most pleased it has lots of storage for all her accessories, even if she likes to keep the food in the microwave and the dishes in the refrigerator - as long as they're not all over the floor, I'm good.
On this day, she made ice cream for everyone. She thought of using rubber balls as scoops of ice cream herself! She's really good at making connections.
Just my cutie pie, smiling and posing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The man with 4 hairs is funny but the scoops of ice-cream are too much and I'm laughing some tears!~yourmom.

Mary and Justin said...

Hazel, you're a cutie! Merry Christmas!