Friday, December 11, 2009
Is it the night before Christmas today?
What fun Christmas is this year - Hazel's just wide-eyed over everything, and she's sure that every day is the day before Christmas. Our big tree is out on the deck again this year, with lights, popcorn and cranberries. Hazel picked out a "bethlehem star" for the top - I thought it was lovely until we plugged it in and it alternately glows blue and green. Still, it's less tacky than some. Hazel has her own little (fake) tree inside, and she's decorated it herself with mostly necklaces and jingle bells. We have one more Christmas box to unpack tonight, and that one has the ornaments, so maybe she'll add some more. She made the angel at the top at Sunday School, using her hand prints for wings. Ah... the first handmade Christmas decoration to save forever.
I had to laugh at her remarks when I unpacked the Fisher Price nativity set. She asked why the star didn't light up and why it didn't play music. I guess last year's model is not as exciting as this year's, which they had at church. It's tough to keep up. She assembled quite a crowd to honor Jesus, and this morning the stable looked like a ghost town, as she loaded up her Noah's ark and took everyone for a Christmas cruise around the house.
Let's see... visiting the "blow-ups" at Lowe's is still her favorite Christmas activity, although there aren't many left as we get closer to Christmas. Hazel's piled up toys several times to give to Baby Jesus. I liked the day she left his presents all around the base and the top of the kitchen table. I would've thought under the tree would make more sense. Yesterday she was showing me all her toys, one by one, and telling me that Santa gave them to her. This went on for quite awhile, as she was showing me every toy. I don't think she thought it was funny when I suggested she must not need any more presents if Santa already brought her so many toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your blog just gives me the giggles! And those cookies!! ~lovemom.
Post a Comment