Friday, June 5, 2009

Disneyland, here we come!

Here's Hazel right before we headed out to the airport to fly to LA to visit Disneyland (and Aunt Hilary & Uncle Milton). Hazel really did talk about them almost as much as the visit to Mickey Mouse. We were quite proud that we managed to board the plane with only her carseat and two carry-ons. I only lost the boarding passes once, and the TSA folks were kind enough to save them and to release them to us without DNA testing to prove our identities.
Travel champ Hazel quietly colored the entire flight, stopping only to enjoy her bag of mini pretzels. I actually got to read my entire magazine! She was equally patient while we worked our way through three rental cars before finding one that would fit our carseat. (It took us two hours from de-planing to driving out of the rental lot!)
There was a lovely basket of new toys and books waiting for Hazel at H&M's apartment. We set up her travel tent bed, and she went peacefully to sleep and slept all night. Wait... that's only how I imagined it. She only whimpered briefly about going to bed, but she was wide awake at 4:30 am. I successfully let everyone else sleep until about 8:30, and then hoped that it was a good idea to hit a theme park with a toddler who had slept 6 hours, having only slept 4 hours myself. Very optimistic of me, I know. More in Disney post #2...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Finally! I've been waiting for a Disney update! I LOVE your new header photo!

Scott Hinez said...

No Tiki Room?!! I still find myself singing the song even though the only time I heard it when I was about 10!

Innnn theeee TikiTikiTikiTikiTiki room. In the Tiki...