Our first stop was the Disney Playhouse live stage show, waiting only about 5 minutes in line until it started. I wasn't sure what Hazel would think about the huge puppets and their human singing, dancing companion. The plot is a surprise party for Minnie, with Mickey's gang getting help from the characters from the Little Einsteins and Winnie the Pooh tv shows. As a seasoned watcher of Mickey's and Pooh's shows, Hazel had no trouble following along, and was soon jumping and dancing with the other kids. It was also fun that bubbles, tissue paper leaves and birthday streamers fell from the ceiling during the show. We still have some of our free leaf souvenirs (sadly, no pictures from the show).
Then we ran into Goofy in his CA clothes on the back lot. He was in a hurry, so I grabbed Hazel and met him too.
The Zephyr wasn't a kiddie ride, but it was pretty tame. You probably can't see us in the last row in this picture, but I included it so you could see the Ferris Wheel. It's the biggest one I've seen (except for London's), and it's actually the scariest ride I've ever been on. Last time I was there with Hilary, we rode in one of the cars on a track. Half the cars only hang in place, but the other half slide around an oval track while the wheel turns, and we were both laughing hysterically in actual hysterics. Great fun!
Here we are on the Ferris Wheel in a stationary car.
Hazel always loves a good carousel ride. She did a lot of waving on all the rides (and while watching other people on the rides). By the end of this day, she was propping up her waving arm with her other hand, and the hand was no longer waving, just sitting there. Hilarious!
After some tasty fresh tortillas at the tortilla factory (sadly being replaced soon by something else less yummy, I'm sure), we finally arrived at A Bug's Land for the kiddie rides. We rode Heimlich's Chew Chew Train through many giant snacks, like a huge slice of watermelon and a big box of animal cookies. Hazel thought that was pretty neat. Then we rode on the spinning Ladybugs. We thought they would be a tamer version of the Tea Cup ride, but these sure spun fast, with no way to control them. Hazel was laughing the whole time.
Our last ride was Flik's Flyers, which lift off the ground and fly in a tilted circle. Again, Hazel loved the ride. No fear.
The parade featured characters from Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Nemo, Cars and The Incredibles. Here's baby Jack-Jack, who spouted flames from his head a moment later. That was quite a sight.

4 comments:
I had so much fun reading about your adventures at the park. It made me feel like I was there with you. The pictures were perfect and the photographer great.
Once again thak you for sharing your experience.
Can't wait till the next entery
That was great! Thanks for sharing Hazel's first experiences at California Adventure. I loved it and it makes me want to go back soon!~mom.
Ugh, those spinny rides are the WORST!! But for Hazel, I could probably manage it. :)
We were planning to go to Disneyland and the S.D. zoo for the summer of 2010, but Ethan tells us he would rather fly to Rome. We'll see.
- Jan
Post a Comment