Saturday, May 9, 2009

Heavy equipment and naptime

Hazel regales me with funny stories when I get her up from naptime. The other day she said there was a steam roller in the corner behind the curtain, but she couldn't see it. Ok, how did she know it was there? Today she said there was an excavator moving her toy baskets around the room. See... some toddlers would fall asleep - tucked under a cozy blanket, with a comforting binky and stuffed piggy, in a dark room, with soft music playing. Not Hazel, even when I know she's tired. I think her imagination wakes right up in the dark.
I finally got some smiles out of her tonight, by playing her "runaround" music during dinner.

5 comments:

Teri said...

Wow, don't you kind of hope they do some street work in front of your house this summer?

Hazel's mom said...

We've been watching them build a new bank down the street (wonder where they got the money...) - that's why the equipment names are so fresh in her memory.

Anonymous said...

These new photos are so great. This must be what little angels look like (if they're lucky.) You should get her a hardhat. Every girl deserves a hardhat.

NK

Hazel's mom said...

I'm blanking. NK? Who is NK?

Kristen said...

Consider this my official request for a copy of that last one. She is...words fail me...TOO CUTE!