I was very sad to take Hazel to her last gymnastics class. I hope we find a good one up north. She just loves it. On her last day, two other girls wore purple too - she was thrilled! Thursday, June 9, 2011
Easter and then some
As always, I'm behind. Way behind. So, back to April and Easter. Hazel was sick for a week, including Easter, so the big family Easter dinner at our house was cancelled. She had fun finding her Easter basket, but it was 3-4 days before she wanted to eat anything from it or hunt for eggs. Poor little thing. She lost all the weight she'd gained in the last year, but I'm happy to say that six weeks later, she's gained it all back. I was a little worried. Here is the Easter egg garland she made at art class.
An unexpected box of Easter treats from Aunt Trudy brightened Hazel up, especially the bouquet of egg-shaped Tootsie Pops!
And here she is with her cousins, weeks earlier, with the Bunny himself. No fear of him this year.
I was very sad to take Hazel to her last gymnastics class. I hope we find a good one up north. She just loves it. On her last day, two other girls wore purple too - she was thrilled!
Kick walks on the balance beam. See me in the mirror, behind the camera? Lots of moms sit around the corner on the bleachers, but I always have to watch every class. It's just too cute, and there are a million "look at me" moments.
Ta-da!
Isn't this lovely form? She's practicing balancing on one foot.
Wish I could still play on the bars...
I have to mention the previous class now. Hazel was holding herself up on the bar, waiting for the coach to help her flip over. The coach asked her if she wanted to do it herself, so Hazel said yes and proceeded to flip over, let go of the bar, fall flat on her back, and start screaming. She just assumed if the coach thought she could do it, that she could. Meanwhile, I'm yelling no and moving in slow motion to somehow what... leap the wall and catch her? She was fine, just scared, and after five minutes of crying that she wanted to go home, she marched back in and flipped over the bar - with a little help.
I was very sad to take Hazel to her last gymnastics class. I hope we find a good one up north. She just loves it. On her last day, two other girls wore purple too - she was thrilled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is such a sweetheart!
Hazel is so beautiful Shalimar. I see you in her smile and eyes!
Your playdough time looks so neat & organized. Ours is all over the place and floor.
So fun to see her in these pictures as she is growing.
Love, Jenna
Post a Comment