Saturday, December 4, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

Close your eyes and guess what we're doing next...

Yaay - we're going outside to play in the snow!

One more cute pose before I go out!

We don't usually get such light, dry snow. It was too dry to make snowballs, so Hazel just tossed it up in the air.
...and ate some, of course. She quit after finding a maple tree twirly in one bite.

Back in and dry and giving some friends a sleigh ride, I think.

Off to the Christmas tree farm to find a tree! This is our first indoor tree since Hazel was mobile and able to grab things. The last two years we've had one out on our deck with just lights - it was very pretty to see out the window. This year we're moving indoors and getting out all the tree trimmings. I think this tree is cute, but probably a little bit too small...

When we got back home, Hazel set up a toboggan for all her friends. I love the shades for the bright snow!
That's a very long toboggan.
Then we joined my family that night at Zoo Lights in Tacoma. Amazingly, we had almost the entire place to ourselves. I don't know where the hordes were, but what a treat!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Such cute photos! Loved being at zoo lights with you!