Friday, December 10, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Since we've been singing Christmas songs since early August, it seems like Christmas is taking forever to get here. Our three Advent calendars have helped speed things up a bit. Hazel has one where she moves a candy cane from day to day, a traditional one taped to the window (which has far too many pictures of birds and candles and not enough of toys), and an amazing one from Gramma from Jacquie Lawson. If you don't know her animated cards, look her up. This advent calendar is on the computer, and there's a new animated part of the Christmas village each day. Such a treat every morning! So, here's Hazel helping Daddy with the star for our tree.


If I lay here, will the presents just show up underneath the tree?

This is her Frosty hat I found last year. Hopefully this year, we'll get to put it on a snowman outside!

We have a teddy bear with snow shoes, and this year they fit Hazel.
Ok, not Christmasy, but I finally wiped the windows clean. This is a scarecrow in a pumpkin patch. There are crows flying around him, and those are fall leaves swirling about on the left.
Hazel and I dressed up to attend cousin Havalah's performance in her ballet school's production of The Nutcracker. We sat right up close, and Hazel seemed to love the show. She decided afterwards that she'd like to take dance classes again. We'll see about adding that to gymnastics in January. She was most excited about getting a new "ball gown" for the show.

Looking so grown up.

See how pretty it is?

And yes... we were matchy-matchy. 'Twas fun!
Dressed up in a snowman apron to help me make gingerbread cookies - with Lambie.
One for the cookie and one for me! We'll see how long they last on the tree - mostly because I'll want to gobble them all up. Why do we only make gingerbread cookies at Christmas? I'm thinking they'd be good anytime!
These are Christmas sprinkles in the shape of Mickey Mouse - fun souvenir from Disneyland!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What fun! I LOVE your cookies. I might have to borrow the star one!

You two sure are pretty!

sarah said...

Love the matching dresses! :) and yes - she looks so grown up!