Friday, November 5, 2010

To Montana and back again

While Daddy visited China last month, Hazel and I drove to Montana to see Aunt Trudy, Grandma Kitty and Grandpa Don. Hazel is still a trooper when it comes to road trips. All she needs is music, color books.... and a portable DVD player. While not a fan of the concept in general, this is a 10 hour trip, so I won't begrudge her an hour or two of entertainment.
Aunt Trudy took a day off to "play, play, play" with Hazel. Trudy nicknamed her "Hazel Seuss," as she loves to read all the Dr Seuss books there and loves to create her own wacky rhymes. The weather was gorgeous, so Hazel could chase bubbles and air rockets in the yard. We only had to rescue one rocket from the gutter - oops! Main Street was torn up, and I wish I had had the camera when she was sitting in a store display window, licking a Tootsie Pop and watching the water truck and grater working on the road. She could have sat there for hours... Hazel also enjoyed looking at Grandma's baby book, marvelling at her baby foot/hand prints, and she had me get mine and Daddy's out when we got home. We really all were babies once!
Sorry I have no pictures in Montana, but I took lots at our park stops on the way to and from. We stopped in Ritzville on the way over.

Hazel was doing lots of "tricks" on the merry-go-round. Lifting one foot...

Lifting two feet... straight out...

Lifting two feet into tuck position

Resting two feet on the bar... the tricks are endless.

Stopping at the park in Moses Lake on the way back. Riding lots of green themed animals.

Hazel finished park season very confident in her climbing up ability (not down) - ladders, rock climbing walls, what-have-you.

And practicing her pike and tuck positions on the bars.

No comments: