We started by reading our potty book, and then we pretended that the dolly went potty and we had a party for the dolly - M&M cookies and juice. Hazel was especially thrilled that I served our snacks with her play dishes, and I let her pour the juice for us all by herself. With Hazel sitting on her potty while playing, it wasn't too long before she was successful. We then had another party for her, with purple ice cream. (Then I served us some actual food to counteract all that sugar.) We spent about two and a half hours there, until Hazel started to get pretty antsy from all that sitting. (She went seven times!) So I put some training pants on her and we went downstairs. With little reminding, Hazel was successful all day until right before bedtime. I'm sure we've got a ways to go, but that was a great start! My favorite part of the day was that while she was resting in her bed, she was recounting the morning to herself, saying how proud she was of her dolly for using her potty. She also gave an exciting recap to Daddy when he got home - twice. Here she is looking so proud to be a big girl.
This stroller is the reward she wanted for using the potty for the first time. We took Dolly for a walk around the neighborhood later - it was such a warm day! (She does have a right arm. I didn't notice it was trapped. Poor dolly.)
Hazel always wants to take pictures with me, and she pretends to show them to me on the back of the camera. Very baggy training pants, but they did the job.
2 comments:
Yay for you, Hazel! We are so proud of you!
Hugs and kisses from us!
YAY!! Cousin Christi is sooo proud..
Post a Comment