Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hazel says...

"Don't go to work, Daddy. I'm your friend." -I think that's a great excuse for a day off.

"Let's take a picture of snake. Smile, snake." -Her plush snake from the fair last year.

"Oh man." -Swiper the fox says this on Dora the Explorer.

"That one's ooey gooey." -We stomp on empty mussel shells at the marina. Some seagull forgot to eat the insides of that one.

"That's a pirate ship." -A boat at the marina was flying a skull and crossbones flag.

We attended 3 weddings over five weeks. After the third one, I asked Hazel who she'd like to marry. She said Joel, whom our cousin Christi had just married. I said that Joel was already married to Christi. So Hazel said she'd marry a cousin. That made perfect sense, since I told her that once our cousins got married, their spouses were our cousins too.

Hazel's been singing songs with the word "mono" substituted for every word. A mono is a monster. Apparently they need a nickname. She tells me that there are monsters in the next room. And giant mice. And goons. Okay...

Here's Hazel helping me strip wallpaper in our 3rd and last bathroom remodel. She offered to help me with the steamer, and to help Eric seal the walls, but we declined. Nice of her to offer though.




1 comment:

Blythe said...

We sat next to a guy with long dark hair and a bandanna on his head at a restaurant, and Theo pointed to him and yelled "That man a pirate, Mama?"