Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When I grow up...

The other day, Hazel said she wants to be a doctor, airplane pilot, train engineer and fashion designer. That last one is courtesy of flipping by an old episode of Project Runway. She enjoyed the runway portion so much, that I decided to let her watch more of them. She's very enthusiastic about clothing design now... telling me that she's hand dyed the fabric on her shirt, hand stitched the sleeves so they ruffle, and that she's made an entire outfit out of hamster bedding (courtesy of the show in which they had to buy their supplies at a pet store). Tonight she cried when a designer got sent home, so I might have to rethink her viewing options. And don't worry, we usually only watch the runway portion of the show and not all the mature interactions in the project room. So, here are several of the looks that she has modeled for us. I drew the line the other day at wearing the dirty clothes out of the hamper, and I did not include the shirtless outfit with skirt and a tote bag on her head. I love the oven mitts with this first look. Sometimes she includes a "circus" look. Ta da!


I had to include a close-up of these shorts. I love the three bear tags. They're really newborn size pants that I bought for her doll to wear, but they work great as bike shorts for her.

And now a combination of the first two outfits. She calls this her flight attendant sweater, due to the owl placement I think, or maybe the hot pink trim.
Isn't this great hair? Just a few, shiny highlights...
And now her gymnastics look... or sometimes she calls this surf wear.

And no collection is complete without a pajama look. She has some silly runway antics that accompany the show.


And last, one of her many princess outfits. I think this is Rapunzel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed the blog and am so glad that you are back! Hazel gets my applause and hugs!~momn.

Kristen said...

that girl has a million dollars smile! miss her!