Sunday, March 13, 2011

February started with Disneyland... again!

I had told Hazel when we returned from our November trip to Disneyland that maybe we could go for her birthday in February. As the end of January approached, I figured I'd better start planning a trip. My husband generously indulged me once again, and Hazel and I were off for our 5th trip to Disneyland. When I told her we were going, she was over the moon, especially when she heard that we would be joined at one park by Gramma & Grampa Peirce and the other park by Grandma Kitty and Grandpa Don - what fun! Mickey seemed to remember us from previous trips.
Chatting with Rosetta in Pixie Hollow. Hazel donned her fairy skirt for the visit.
A little attitude with Vidia and Tinkerbell. We've now met all the fairies except Fawn.
Face painting is not my favorite thing, but Hazel thought it was very pretty - especially with a little sparkly pixie dust for the finishing touch.
While eating lunch, we were treated to an impromptu game of musical chairs with the gang from Alice in Wonderland. It was very long and very silly, but one of those unexpected moments to enjoy.
Another unplanned treat, a bit later, was getting to enjoy singing and dancing with a pirate crew out singing sea shanties. We never fail to see something new with every visit, and sometimes, we're surprised to see the familiar. The cast member dressed as Belle was the same one Hazel had met (and hugged for a seemingly endless amount of time) a year and a half ago. Here they are discussing Hazel's shirt, which has a crown for each day of the week on it.
It was fun to meet Cinderella for the first time.
Can you spot Hazel and I in Chip and Dale's tree house? They're never home.
Driving Mickey's car.
A brief rest on the divan in Minnie's bedroom.
Our first ride on the monorail - up in the front with the driver. That's where the best view is.
Getting ready to fly on Soaring Over California - one of the best rides ever! We could ride it again and again!
Introducing Grandma Kitty to Hazel's good friend Lightning McQueen.
Shot for next year's Christmas card?
We're really excited to come back in 2012 for Cars Land! We can see parts of it taking shape.
Grandma was up for all the exciting rides in Bugs' Land. Hazel's in there somewhere.
Family ride on the Spinning Ladybugs.
Just a great shot of Daddy.
Grandpa Don, Hazel and I spot our favorite photographer, Uncle Milton!
Everyone enjoyed a ride on the Chew Chew Train, and we maybe even got a shot of the camera shy photographer.
King Triton's carousel.
Waiting in line for the Toy Story arcade ride. I'm guessing she's riding on my foot - a popular pasttime.
Can I buy this toy and take her home?
Riding the Ferris Wheel - not the swinging car, since G&G were with us.
Waiting to ride the Silly Symphony swings.
Swinging too fast for film... We could ride all night!
Getting ready to watch the World of Color light and water show from the good seats with Grandma and Grandpa.
Amazing detail displayed on the watery mist.
While I'm generally not a fan of these window decals, I felt we'd earned them after so many visits to Disneyland. And I feel a kind of kinship when I see others with the same stickers...

No comments: