...must be about time to blog about it. Quickly, because I'll be posting birthday happenings very soon. Four is peeking around the corner! Before I make you read too much, I'll post a cute picture and get that out of the way. Riding on Daddy's back...

Do you see Hazel?

We added 600 balls to Hazel's jumper - my great post-Christmas buy this year. That's really not so many - there are 300 in the picture above. Her favorite game is to shovel them out the doorway, while I try to keep up and throw them back in. She always wins. It's downright electrifying!

I've got a cute movie of her making snow angels in the balls, but of course can't upload it. Here's a still though.

We had two beautiful partial snow days. One morning we woke up to a lovely snowy morning, but by the time we were dressed and fed, it had turned to rain and melted. It also snowed one night right before bedtime, but again, in the morning it had turned to rain and melted. Such is winter in the northwest. I'm glad we still had our Christmas lights up, because it was very pretty in the snow. Funny pictures by our new camera - these were both taken in the dark of night.


Hazel didn't complain about missing the chance to play in the snow, but I decided to make it up to her by having an indoor snow day. We had a snowball fight with mini-marshmallows. Then we made snow logs and built an igloo. And then Hazel enjoyed some snow, saved by Daddy from the previous night.
This one's just cute!
What else can we pretend inside? Why, to take all our friends for a toboggan ride!

And it's always a great time to dress up like a princess...


Let's see if I can remember this one right... Hippo is a super-hero dragon (see the purple cape?). He's attacking the pink castle. And to properly stage the moment, Hazel's jacket places the attack in China. I thought that was a cute touch. Now we just need Mulan to save the day.

I've got no idea what this was - not even at the time. Just thought it was funny.
1 comment:
What fun! I love your indoor snow day!
Post a Comment