Here's Hazel in Daddy's coat, and then she reveals her party dress below. She had a fit that morning, while choosing an outfit to attend her cousin's birthday party, because she insisted that her dresses were all too long to be dresses. (She thought a dress should be like one of her longer smock-like shirts). So after convincing her this was a dress, she was happy to put it on, but then she wanted me to dress up for the party. I was already quite comfortable in my untucked brown shirt and jeans, but since she started wailing again and said I wasn't pretty, I gave in to quell the storm. A pink blouse, necklace made by Hazel and shiny shoes appeased my lovely daughter.
I had to wear shiny party shoes, but she got to wear her rubber garden shoes? No fair!
Hazel receives four magazine subscriptions, and two of them always have a craft or food recipe to try. This is an apple, cream cheese, marshmallow smile. For the record, the marshmallows would have stuck to the apple much better without the cream cheese, and Hazel really only wanted to eat the marshmallows anyway. She sure thought the idea was fun though.
Here's Hazel's first big strawberry harvest. The berries have been gigantic compared to last year. She's always excited to eat from the garden.
Here we are making another loaf of banana bread (at bedtime in her pj's). Just wanted to share that we did find a child's apron and hot mitts a few days after I mentioned them on the blog. Princesses of course - couldn't pass those up on sale. (What are the mitts for you ask, as I'm not letting her near the oven? She was pretending to direct an orchestra with them.)
And here's my sweet little performer on her first day of dance class. She's a very good listener and loves the class. As much as I find ballet so girly, I may just have to let her continue as it's so darling to watch her (and all the little kids) on the dance floor. That's how they reel you in - I know.
2 comments:
She is just adorable! What magazine does she like best? Her princess apron is too cute.
What a "Smasher!" ~gram
Post a Comment