Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pictures I forgot to post

Yep, here's another mishmash of odd moments caught on "film" in the last month and tonight. Also, there are two quotes I keep forgetting to post that I thought were funny. Hazel asks Daddy, "Do you know what cooked snow would be?" Daddy replies, "Uh... water?" Hazel, thrilled that he knows the answer says, "Water! You're right!" And then there was the night she said, "Daddy, let's go jogging. We need necklaces for jogging." Oh, there are so many silly photos of Daddy that I never take... like wearing necklaces and silly hats. Well, maybe I should post just one - in an Easter bonnet. You're welcome, dear.
Here's a scary dragon, in white kid gloves and straw hat, roaring loudly to wake up the sleeping Daddy above.

Let's jump ahead 20 years or so and catch a glimpse of the future bride. Her princess dress is slowly falling apart, so I let her pick out a new one, and she quickly chose this "wedding" dress. She says she's going to marry Daddy, of course, who is her prince.

Hazel drew this great picture of Daddy. The glasses were her idea, but I did suggest that she attach them to the ears. Otherwise, it's all her. The HO at the bottom started out as her name, but she forgets to leave the A open sometimes so had to start again. She was very proud of her Z... and I didn't say a word.

And tonight she was maybe practicing to be a dog walker? I thought it was very chilly in the house, but she wanted to wear short sleeves and a skirt after her bath. She thinks that when summer starts on the 21st, that all the days thereafter will be warm and sunny. She must forget where she lives. Anyhoo... here she is with one dog strapped on.

Then two...

And a third in her backpack.

Yes, you're very sweet. This is how long I let her hair get before we visit the salon. I'll try to remember to take a post-haircut picture on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best way to end the day...or start the day...or just enjoy the day! I love your blog and each of you - picture snapper, sleeping Prince and the "sweet" one in the wedding dress...and the tale-teller, and the dog packer. and the bonnet wearer, and the drr-ragon! lovemom.