Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

I loved Hazel's Thanksgiving prayer today. The first line is our standard one, but she added the second. "God is great. God is good, and we thank him for our food.
On this day, we all give thanks. We all give thanks for family and friends."
 
We had a bit of a lazy day, as we had a restaurant reservation. We watched the Macy's parade, and then Hazel planned a party for us. I thought perhaps it was a Thanksgiving party, but she said it was just a party. She started out by having us choose instruments and play some tunes before trading out instruments and playing more tunes and again and again.Then it was time for games. Tossing a hacky sack back and forth and then a 3-legged race around the house. Then Daddy escaped, and I played a game where a large rubber ball was in a plastic bag, with which we then hit other balls. I'm not sure what the purpose of that one was. Then she set the table for tea and poured water for all. It was quite the event you all missed.
 

No comments: