Hazel was absolutely ecstatic about her Valentine's party at preschool this past Monday - so much so that she was literally jumping up and down all morning and in her carseat on the way there. She was worried that she wouldn't get any valentines - although I assured her repeatedly that every child would give every other child a valentine. It turns out that it's more complicated than I thought though. While the valentine's boxes were lined up in the hall for us to take care of right when we got there, when we got home we discovered multiple valentines from some kids and no valentines from others. The process seemed simple, but I guess I forgot to add in the kid factor. Either way, she was not disappointed at all - how could she be when she got a box of Nerds (her favorite candy), two packs of heart shaped fruit snacks, two chocolate crispy hearts, two necklaces, a frisbee and about eight lollipops?
Hazel also did heart crafts at Lowe's and Michael's, we made valentines for the neighbor kids, we got to make yummy fudge and rice krispie treats with a neighbor, and she drew many valentine pictures for Daddy and I, her zhu zhu pets and her hex bugs. Valentines for all! This is one of the cards she made for her teachers - several of you received similar cards. I think this is the only one with a spelling error, but luckily she didn't notice or we would have had to redo it. She gets very frustrated with herself when she does things wrong... sigh... those pesky M's and N's... She has gotten very good with her scissors at school, and it was fun that she did most of the work on her valentines with just a few helps here and there. Such a big girl now...
2 comments:
She is getting so big! What a talented little lady, too!
And, I actually love the spelling mistake of Be Mime! Very cute!
Happy Valentines Day! Looks like Hazel had a very fun day!
Post a Comment